Note: All phone numbers have a 910 area code unless otherwise noted. If you have questions that do not appear on this list, please call the County Manager's Office at 910-997-8211. 

Where can I find the Phone Number of a County Department?

Phone numbers for the individual departments are listed in the Bell South White Pages. If you are unable to find the listing you desire, you can contact 997-8211.

When does the Board of County Commissioners meet?

Regular meetings are held on the first Monday of every month. Regular meetings are held in the Commission Chambers located in the County Administration Building at 125 South Hancock Street in Rockingham, NC.

Where do I get a birth certificate, marriage license, death certificate or deed?

The Richmond County Register of Deeds office is responsible for deeds, death certificates, birth certificates, marriage licenses and other papers of record. The office is located on the first floor of the County Courthouse at 114 Franklin Street in Rockingham, NC.

How do I register to vote in Richmond County?

The Richmond County Board of Elections is located at 221 South Hancock Street in Rockingham, NC. Call the Board of Elections office at 997-8253 for more information.

Where can I get a map of my property?

The Mapping Department has maps of the property in Richmond County. The office is co-located with the Building Inspections Department at 221 S. Hancock Street in Rockingham, NC.

Where should I call for immediate response to a medical emergency or other life threatening situation?

Call 911 for all emergencies. The Communications Center operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer EMERGENCY CALLS FOR HELP. All non-emergency calls to Communications should be made to 997-8355.

Where do I pay my county property taxes?

Property owners pay their taxes at the Tax Collector's Office, located on the first floor of the County Courthouse. Call 997-8271 for further information.

Who do I call to appear on the Board of Commissioners' Agenda?

Call Marian Savage, Clerk to the Board at 997-8213. There is a formal request that must be completed prior to being permitted to appear on the Agenda.

Where do I get a building permit?

The Building Inspections Office handles building permits. The office is located at 221 South Hancock Street in Rockingham, NC. This building is across the street from the County Courthouse.

Does Richmond County provide any health service?

Yes. The Health Department provides a number of services. Most of the programs are for people who are unable to secure private medical attention. Call 997-8300 for more information.

Where can I get financial assistance?

The Department of Social Services has financial assistance programs. Guidelines for eligibility exist. Call 997-8400 for more information about Food Stamps, Children and Adult Services and DSS Administration. Call 997-8480 for more information about Work First, Medicaid and Daycare.

Who do I contact about any available jobs

The Employment Security Commission carries current job listings and applications may be submitted to the Job Service Office. The Human Resources Office for Richmond County can be contacted at 410-1103.

Who do I call about the tax listing of my property?

The Tax Assessor's Office handles tax listing. The Tax Assessor is located on the first floor of the County Courthouse. The phone number is 997-8274.

What does the Cooperative Extension office do?

The Cooperative Extension office assists the public in the areas of agriculture, lawn and garden, community development, 4H and youth development, family and consumer education. Some of the issues Cooperative Extension can help you with include: tree planting, pest control, stain removal, parenting and landscaping. The Cooperative Extension Office is located at the northern end of the Richmond County Health and Human Services Building on Caroline Street across from the Rockingham post office. Call 997-8255 for more information.