GIS Map Services
Within the Richmond County Geographic Information System, there are map services that will provide access to GIS layers such as tax parcels, roads, watersheds, zoning, and the corresponding tax information. Most of this data is considered ‘live’ and is continually updated, (as needed) by Richmond County GIS Staff. This site uses the products of ESRI as the map server. Other options to view the data are available by calling the GIS Department staff.
While the GIS Department can review and correct property line data,
please note that questions regarding Property Tax Information
should be addressed to the Richmond County Tax Office.
When drawing map layers such as structure address, tax parcels, tax parcel annotation, streams, etc.; be aware that these features will only display at a certain map scale. Zooming in will turn these features on automatically.
If there are any questions regarding this Internet GIS solution, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 910-997-8236 to speak with Sabrina Fowler, Administrative Assistant. The County of Richmond uses GIS data in support of its internal business functions and the public services it provides. The GIS data, which Richmond County distributes, may not be suitable for other purposes or uses. It is the requestor's responsibility to verify any information derived from the GIS data before making any decisions or taking any actions based on the information. Richmond County shall not be held liable for any errors in the GIS data. This includes errors of omission, commission, errors concerning the content of the data, and relative and positional accuracy of the data. Source information used for these data may have been collected at different scales, times or definitions, resulting in inconsistencies among features represented together on this map. Primary sources from which these data were compiled must be consulted for verification of information contained in the data. Parcel data was prepared for the inventory of real property found within this jurisdiction, and is compiled from recorded deeds, plats, and other public records and data. Users of the data are hereby notified that the aforementioned public primary information sources should be consulted for verification of the information. Richmond County and the website provider assume no legal responsibility for this information. Richmond County and the website provider do not guarantee that the data and map services will be available to users without interruption or error. Furthermore, the website provider for Richmond County may modify or remove map services and access methods at will.
Available Map Services
WebADF Applications – supported ADF Web browsersCounty Parcel Viewer
– this map services provides access to parcel data along with basic tax data and information. There are a number of layers on this service that can be turned on and off. Parcel data and tax information on this service is updated on a regular basis, however consultation with the source documents as recorded in the Register of Deeds as well as the Tax Department. ‘Layers included in this service are: Jurisdictional Boundaries, Road and Street Centerlines, Parcel and Limited Tax Information, Parcel Annotation, basic floodplain information, wetland layer, and zoning areas. Also include are both the 2005 and 2019 Orthophography.Jurisdictional Zoning Viewer
– this map service provides a more detailed look at the land use zoning designations from each of the 4 municipalities, which administer a zoning classification as well as Richmond County. The layers included in the map service are: Address, Streets, Parcel (with Tax Info.), Municipal ETJ (one mile), Municipal Limits, jurisdictional Zoning Classification and the 2010 Orthos. A link to the jurisdictional zoning ordinance for each jurisdiction is also provide on the application interface. Though updates to the zoning districts are preformed when provided, this map service does not serve as the authority in determining zoning designation. Please consult the proper jurisdictional Zoning Offices for further information. Property Insurance Viewer
- this map service locates fire hydrants in spatial relationship to structures (such as houses, commercial buildings, facilities). A measuring tool (provide as part all map services) can be employed to determine the actual linear distance from an existing fire hydrant to the structure. This information is provided to property insurance companies to ascertain the correct Fire insurance rate. Also, included in this map service is a detailed look at the flood plain and elevations within Richmond County. Included in this map service are the following layers: Parcel (with Tax Info.), Streets, Address, Fire Insurance Districts, Water Hydrant locations, as well as Floodplain and flood elevation cross-sections. Election Districts Viewer
– this map service provides a view of the new NC House Districts (as well as other Election Districts that affect Richmond County. Also included are local voting precincts. Additional election and voting information will be added as directed by the Board of Elections.
Though other ADF map services will be made available upon request and review, the standard will be to develop such services via the Flex application interface
Flex Viewer Applications - supported Flex Web browsersParcel Flex
– In an effort to update the application interface with newer technology, Richmond County GIS is happy to provide a richer internet experience with the new ParcelViewer based on the FLEX API. This new interface provides many of the same data and information as the County Parcel Viewer
above. Users of this interface will need to insure that the flex plug in is loaded on to their client machine. Actually if you are able to view YouTube video, the flex plug in is already loaded.RichmondVAD
– Richmond County recently adopted a pro-agricultural ordinance by enacting Voluntary Agricultural Districts Programs. This program provides farmers an option to apply and received a VAD designation. This designation, in turn, provides certain protections and benefits to protect farming activities in the County. This map application identifies the property with the associated 1 mile buffer of protection. Please contact the Richmond County Cooperative Extension Office – 910-997-8255 for additional information.
Though other ADF map services will be made available upon request and review, the standard will be to develop such new map services via the Flex application interface
It is planned that additional web mapping services will be made available for mobile phone and tablet consumption.
Other map services will be made available upon request and review.
In addition to the dynamic maps found on the Internet Map Server, certain GIS data may be downloaded from the following FTP site: ftp://ftp.richmondnc.com/Public/Shapefiles/
Other GIS data may be requested by contacting the Richmond County GIS Department. Please use the following credentials:
username : publicFTP