- TOP 101
- Social Workers
- Child & Adolescent Domains
- Raters: Who to Invite?
- Aggregate Reports
TREATMENT OUTCOME PACKAGE
At Outcome Referrals, we scientifically measure the presence and severity of a wide range of behavioral health problems with our behavioral health assessment tool, the Treatment Outcome Package (TOP). A patient completes the TOP questionnaire before, during, and after treatment. Based on their responses, Outcome Referrals produces a comprehensive report about a patient’s well-being and treatment needs. Reviewing the detailed clinical information from these reports during treatment enhances the therapeutic alliance, aids in treatment plan reviews, and improves case management.
TOP’s scientific outcome measurement also allows us to identify areas in which a clinician is most effective. Using this information, we can match patients with clinicians who have demonstrated success in treating a patient’s specific problems. Matching patients with the right clinicians dramatically reduces the number of ineffective or harmful treatments. By eliminating these treatments, we increase the capacity to serve patients without increasing healthcare costs.
WHY DO WE USE THE TOP?
• So youth can share what they want help with.
• So youth can focus on how they are doing in the present – not the past.
• So youth can see their strengths and progress over time.
WHY COMPLETE THE TOP?
• To help the youth get the services they need to be healthy.
• Share your unique view of the youth’s strengths and challenges based on what you know through direct observation or communication (don’t guess!).
• TOP benefits the youth directly by showing improvement in behavior to the court, probation and, most importantly, to the youth themselves.
Parent & Foster Parent Raters:
WHY COMPLETE THE TOP?
• To help your child get the services they need to be healthy.
• Share your unique view of your child’s strengths and challenges based on what you know through direct observation or communication (don’t guess!).
• TOP benefits your child directly by showing improvement in behavior to the court, probation, school, and most importantly, to your child.
NOTE: TOP is NOT a psychological evaluation or diagnostic tool.
Outcome Referrals was founded in 1992 by a multi-disciplinary team of mental health providers, technical experts, and researchers interested in advancing the field of outcome evaluations.
The TOP Assessment developed by Outcome Referrals is a validated, multi-dimensional assessment that clearly illustrates a client’s strengths, needs, and progress during treatment. It is used with clients in behavioral health and child welfare.