County-Level Overdose Data Tables
See the dashboard below for data on various types of poisoning at the county level. Please see the North Carolina Overdose Surveillance Definitions (PDF, 282 KB) table for a detailed description of case definitions for each type of poisoning. All tables contain the most recent 10 years of data. If additional years of data are needed, please send a request.
- To navigate the dashboard, use the filter boxes at the bottom of the tables.
- The Source box allows you to switch between deaths, hospitalizations, Emergency Department, and population data.
- The View by County box will show all drug categories statewide, or by county selected.
- The View by Drug will show one drug category for all counties. When viewing the tables by drug, make your desired choices in the Intent and Drug boxes. This will display all 100 counties and state data.
- Use the Page navigator box in the bottom right to flip through all pages of data.
- If you wish to view data for only one county, change the View by County or Drug box to county, make your selections in the Intent and County boxes, and make sure the Page navigator box is set to page 1.
- Tables can be downloaded using the download icon below the right of the data table.